This is a 6 bedroom, 2 ½ bathroom house
- 2 month security deposit required
- Tenant pays all utilities (water, heat, electricity, gas)
- Tenant maintains yards & sidewalks
- Location: The south side of Chestnut St. about 200 ft. west of 42nd.
This Victorian era row home (built 1915) is just 2 blocks from the University of Pennsylvania,
about 7 blocks from the University of Sciences in Philadelphia,
right down the street (6 blocks) from Drexel University
and right around the corner from the Restaurant School.
- Rated as A "Walkers' Paradise" by Walkscore.com
- Despite being over 100 years old, the house is in very good condition
- There is a whole-house fire alarm system and local smoke and CO detectors in each room and an optional central station-monitored burglar alarm.
- Much original woodwork remains including inlaid hardwood floors.
- Several rooms have decorative cornices on high ceilings.
- Windows are double- (& some are triple) insulated.
- Bedroom doors are locking fire-code rated natural birch.
- Modern tiled 2nd floor Bath
- Old fashioned claw tub in the 3rd floor bathroom.
- Half-bath on the first floor.
- The Huge Kitchen includes a oven, dishwasher, 2 refrigerators and range-top exhaust microwave.
- All bedrooms have full sized closets.
- Washer and drier and laundry sink.
- It has a high efficiency gas boiler with circulating hot water radiators, (no banging steam pipes!) and a 50 gallon gas water heater - never runs out of hot water!
- No meter readers knock on your door! The electric meter is outside and the basement water & gas meters have radio-transponder meters (read from truck)
Utilities tenants pay
No pets ~ No smoking ~ No waterbeds
- Gas (for cooking, & hot water) PGW 215-235-1000
- Electricity PECO 800-494-4000
- Water (paid to landlord with rent - landlord will give a copy of water bill to tenants)
- Meenan Monitored security system
- Get Renters' insurance and add Landlord as co-insured.)